Thursday 1 March 2012

review: Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel! Rescousse Altbier

Today's beer adventure: Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel! Rescousse Altbier (St-Jerome, QC). 341ml bottle. 5.0% ABV. Served in my neglected Great Western pint glass. Purchased at Willow Park Wine and Spirits in Regina ~$4.00/bottle

The pour is hazy burnt orange in colour. A single finger of head. Really nice lacing. Very little visible carbonation. Nose is fruity, although I can't quite place it. Biscuity malt sweetness, and then...something I really can't place...a bit sour maybe?

Mouthfeel is creamy, a bit viscous. Flavour is crisp. The fruit is there. The malt is there. The hops are definitely there - you get a bit of hop bitterness. All the flavours are subtle...so much I have trouble identifying precisely what they are...halfway through the pint I still have trouble. Finish is lingering bitter floral hops.

Rating is 6.5/10. Maybe if I had more than one I could figure out what it is that is in this beer. I don't DISlike it...it's a nice drinking beer.....but I would take other Alts ahead of this one. 

What other people think: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/dieu-du-ciel-la-rescousse/136487/

No comments:

Post a Comment