Thursday 5 April 2012

review: Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René Lambic

Today's beer adventure: Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René Lambic (Belgium). 355ml Bottle. 5.0% ABV. Served in large wine glass. Given to me by an excellent client who didn't enjoy it themselves, but thought I might like it. They purchased at Willow Park Wine and Spirits.

The pour is hazy hazy reddish yellow. Like hazy apple juice. Big fluffy white head, quickly disappearing to a pleasing white ring. Nose is musty, overripe fruits, slight hockey bag. 

The sour beer is IN YOUR FACE, then really quiet and respectful. Flavour is of overripe apples, lemon, slight slight malt. Very tart. Finish is dry as a bone and a bit sweet, oddly. The flavour is there and gone. Like Batman. If Batman was a sour lambic. Which he isn't.

Rating is 7.5/10 dogs. The sour lambics aren't a style I have had much exposure to, but after trying this, I would certainly try the style again. The further I get into the glass, the better it tastes.

What other people think: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/187/6104

1 comment:

  1. Nose of hockey bag and flavour of Batman. These reviews are getting...weirder. I assume that is a direct result of the sour beer.

    I hope to try one soon!

    ReplyDelete