Sunday 12 February 2012

review: Bushwakker Chinook ESB

From the beerchives...

Today's beer adventure: Bushwakker Chinook ESB. Served on tap at the mighty Bushwakker brewpub in Regina. 5.8% ABV.  $6.95/pint.

The pour is "burnt amber" according to my wife Rhianna, so let's go with it. Not much for head. Lacing is OK. Nose is malt, light hops, a bit flowery?

Flavour is thin? More malt than hops, which would normally be a good thing, but meh? Kinda funky in the middle? Bitter hops at the end that hang on a bit..not unpleasant, but only OK for me. This would be (for me) an English Style Bitter as opposed to an Extra Special Bitter..

Rating is 6/10 dogs. I've had this before and it wasn't a favourite then either. Not a repeat for me.

Check out the BW website:  http://www.bushwakker.com/

**NOTE: I am a MASSIVE fan of The Bushwakker....this just isn't one of my favourites. I have a rule that I will drink EVERYTHING on their beer menu at some point....it just happened to be this one this time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment