Wednesday 1 February 2012

review: Maui Brewing Company CoCoNut PorTer

Today's beer adventure: Maui Brewing Company CoCoNut PorTer. Purchased at Bushwakker Brewing Company, but consumed at home. 355ml can. about $8.00. Ouch. Served in stolen BP pint glass. I should buy some decent glassware.

The pour is almost black with one finger of dark tan head. Nose is coffee, chocolate, smoke? No coconut to be found as yet.

The first pull shows licorice, more chocolate, some coffee and a lingering roasted coconut flavour. The sweet, roasty coconut flavour just stays and stays. Not as heavy as most porters..you could almost session this beer. This stuff is incredible...one of the best things I have had in my mouth. Soooooo good. Wow. Buy this and drink it. Often if possible. I know I want to. Might be worth going to Maui just get it on tap.

I love dark beers..stouts and porters..brown ales. I have to say this is one of my favourite dark beers of all time. Wow. Nice to have this after a few misses over the last few adventures (I have to review the Granville Island Brewing Maple Cream Ale yet..but here is a preview..boring).

9.5/10 Incredible beer. Drinkable. Complex. Leaves you wishing you had another can.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/maui-brewing-coconut-porter/59330/

No comments:

Post a Comment