Monday 6 February 2012

review: Cannery Brewing Naramata Nut Brown Ale

Today's Beer Adventure: Naramata Nut Brown Ale. Cannery Brewing out of Penticton, BC. 650ml bottle. 5.5% ABV. Purchased at Willow Park Wine and Spirits in Regina. ~$5.50ish Served in my neglected Great Western lager glass. I know..wrong glassware...did I mention I needed real glassware if I am going to continue this endeavour?

Pour is dark dark brown. One finger of thick white head. Ample carbonation. Great lacing. This stuff LOOKS incredible! Nose gives me layers of roasted malt, coffee, chocolate. There is something sweet in there though..fruity...can't place it though...


The first pull gives me a blast of malty sweetness and another hint of that something else that I can't place..maybe it is plum? It is definitely dark fruit..currants? Sweet espresso coffee. Nuts. Very malty and quite interesting but VERY sweet. Almost too sweet.

Rating: 7.0 dogs. Solid beer. I enjoyed this one but was not floored by any means. Better than some (hi there Howe Sound Rail Ale) and not as good as others (Bushwakker Sodbuster). Would order if available on tap in town.

What other people think: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cannery-naramata-nut-brown/19851/

No comments:

Post a Comment